- Soccer fields can be a dangerous place during severe weather.
You are in danger if you can see lightening.
You are in danger from lightening if you can hear thunder.
- Lightening often travels sideways as far as 10 miles and can strike away from any rainfall even when skies are blue.
- In the event of a storm, games and or practices must be stopped and suspended until the danger has passed using the following MINIMUM criteria: The sighting of a lightning flash or the hearing of the sound of thunder shall be reason enough to stop a game and/or practice session. (Do NOT try to reach the end of a quarter or the end of a game)
- Play and/or practice shall not be resumed prior to 30 minutes after the LAST sighting of lightening or the LAST sound of thunder heard.
- Due to time and scheduling constraints, U4-U12 games or practices stopped for weather will be considered terminated and players and coaches should leave the fields and seek shelter.
- When the temperature is above 95 degrees AND the heat index is at a danger level 105 or greater 5:30 or earlier activities will be cancelled.
- Activities will incorporate longer and/or more frequent breaks.
- Parents should ensure plenty of fluids are available.
- When the temperature is below 30 degrees AND the wind chill index is below zero degrees
- Outdoor activities will be canceled
- When standing at one goal you can’t see the other goal the game may be canceled
- When the ball is placed on level ground and it does not remain stationary, the game may be canceled
- If it is raining with no sign of thunder or lightening we WILL play.
Important: If a parent requests that their child leave the game because they are uncomfortable with the playing conditions the coach should honor the parents request to remove the child from play. Likewise if a parent chooses to keep their child home due to conditions coaches should honor that and not penalize the player. Parents should contact the coach to inform them the player will not be there prior to the game/practice.
WEATHER POLICY ENFORCEMENT:
Practices or scrimmages: COACHES are responsible for making decisions based on the above criteria
Games (U4): COACHES are the referees for their games and therefore they are responsible
Games (U6-U12): REFEREES are responsible for making decisions AT THE FIELD
Games (Rec Plus U8 –U10 and East Central 14-19yr olds): REFEREES are responsible for making decisions AT THE FIELD-it is imperative that you wait for a decision at the field as conditions will vary by location
In-House League- Due to scheduling constraints we will not reschedule any cancelled games or training sessions. No refunds or partial refunds will be issued due to cancellations.
East Central and Green Bay Area Leagues- Cancelled games will be rescheduled if possible by the team coaches and or managers per league guidelines. However no refunds or partial refunds will be issued for any games not able to be rescheduled or any cancelled training sessions.
PARENTS CODE OF CONDUCT
BY REGISTERING A PLAYER, PARENTS COMMITT TO THE FOLOWING:
As the parent of a Howard Suamico United player I will: Remember that the most important thing is that the children HAVE FUN! Be my child's biggest fan and support them unconditionally. When I take my child home after a practice or game, I will be supportive and focus on the positive aspects. Respect the facilities by removing any trash before leaving the field. Not criticize my child's coach to my child or other parents. If I am not happy with the coach I will raise the issue with the coach. Encourage my child to speak to the coach. If my child is having difficulties, has questions or can't attend practice or a game, I will encourage them to speak directly to the coaches. Help my child to focus on the performance and not the result. I will remember that winning is not as important as the performance. Support all the players in my child's team. I will not criticize anyone and remember that they are children who are learning the game. Not criticize the opponents, their parents or the officials. Never audibly dispute a referee's decision. They will make mistakes. Not coach from the sideline during practices or games. Let the coach do the coaching. Not enter the field of play without referee and or coach’s permission. Accept and comply with the rules and policies of the club. Sit only in the designated spectator area and ensure that I am at least 8 feet back from the touchline. Assist in keeping fields clean and safe by removing any debris at the beginning and end of all activities. Honor the volunteer commitment of a minimum of hour hour per player.
As a volunteer operated club, HS United relies on our families to assist with club activities.
This year each family is asked to commit one (1) hour per player (maximum of 3 hours requested per family) during the spring/summer season as a volunteer in support of club events and activities. There are many ways to cover this commitment (i.e. concessions, Soccerfest, Committee member) please visit our “Volunteer” page for a complete list of opportunities.
TIMES TWO POLICY
Times Two is a safety policy that protects both coaches and players. It requires that TWO unrelated adults be with the team and / or player(s) at all HSU activities. Failure of any coach to follow this policy could result in disciplinary action. Parents are expected to assist the coach in compliance with this policy.
PLAYING TIME POLICY
All players must play or be given the opportunity to play at least ½ of each game including scrimmages. Players should be allowed to play all positions, no player should always or mostly play any one position.
Players are asked to bring a ball to training. Ball sizes by age group
- U4- Size 3
- U6-Size 3
- U8-Size 3
- U10-Size 4
- U12-Size 4
- U14 and up- Size 5
- Must be worn to all games and practices once shirt is received
- Cannot be altered-sleeves may not be cut off, no v-necks, no cropping
- Knots in shirts are not allowed
- Athletic shorts/pants should be worn to practices and games. - No zippers, pockets, buttons or snaps allowed
- Shin guards with soccer socks that cover the guards completely are required for games and practices.
- If you are wearing the shin guards that are built into the socks, you MUST still wear an additional pair of soccer socks over them
- Soccer shoes are required (only U4 may wear tennis shoes)
- Baseball and softball cleats are NOT allowed players will not be allowed to play if they are wearing these
- Absolutely no jewelry is allowed- this includes freshly pierced ears!!! NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE
- Players will NOT be allowed to play if they refuse to remove jewelry. Coaches and parents are expected to assist referees in enforcing this policy!
- Medical alert jewelry is allowed but must be securely taped to body.
- Absolutely no hair accessories with metal or plastic parts. This includes bobby pins and hair beads
- Players will NOT be allowed to play if they refuse to remove hair accessories. Coaches are expected to assist referees in enforcing this policy!
- Hard and soft casts are NOT allowed
TEAM FORMATION POLICY
- Teams are formed on a seasonal basis.
- Teams will be formed based on number of available coaches.
- If enough coaches are not available we will form as many teams as possible. Please consider volunteering to help coach your child's team so that all players are able to participate.
- Player ratings are used to balance teams by age and ability.
- For returning players, the coaches ratings from the previous season are also factored into a composite player rating.
- REFUNDS WILL ONLY BE GIVEN IF A TEAM CANNOT BE FORMED DUE TO LACK OF PLAYERS OR COACHES.
Join us on Facebook for the latest season information, news and weather cancellations.
WEATHER: Any weather cancellations will be sent via email and posted on the HS United Facebook page as soon as we know of them.